fri31may10:30 am12:00 pmAging Active & Alive Walk10:30 am - 12:00 pm Trout Run ParkAge Range:All agesCost:Free/Small Donation Registration Deadline (if applicable): Register by May 10 to guarantee a t-shirt!
Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging Hosting FREE Walks in Honor of Older Americans Month - Register by May 10 to be guaranteed a T-shirt! Back by popular demand! Northeast Iowa
Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging Hosting FREE Walks in Honor of Older Americans Month – Register by May 10 to be guaranteed a T-shirt!
Back by popular demand! Northeast Iowa Area Agency on Aging is bringing back our walks! Our Aging, Active and Alive Walks will be held during Older Americans Month to celebrate the strength and vitality of older Americans and to emphasize the importance of being active. We are also honored to announce that these walks have been endorsed by the Healthiest State Initiative!
This year’s walks will be held on May 31 at 20 locations throughout our 18 county region in Northeast Iowa. Walks will be held in in the following locations and times:
- Decorah – 10:30 a.m. at Trout Run Park
- Bellevue – 10:00 a.m. at Felderman Park
- Cedar Falls – 12:00 noon at Cedar Falls Community Center
- Cresco – 10:30 a.m. at Cresco Fitness Center
- Dubuque – 10:00 a.m. at Eagle Point Place
- Eldora- 8:30 a.m. at Dorothy’s Senior Center
- Elkader – 10:30 a.m. at Founders Park
- Greene – 1:00 p.m. at Perrin Park
- Grinnell – 10:00 a.m. at Ahrens Park
- Grundy Center – 10:00 a.m. at Old Upper Elementary
- Independence – 10:00 a.m. at Buchanan County Health Center Wellness and Therapy
- Iowa Falls – 10:00 a.m. at Estes Park
- Manchester – 2:00 p.m. at Whitewater Park
- Marshalltown – 10:00 a.m. at South Sixth Street Softball Complex
- New Hampton- 10:30 a.m. at Mikkelson Park
- Toledo – 10:00 a.m. at Toledo Heights Park
- Waterloo – 10:00 a.m. at Young Arena
- Waukon – 10:30 a.m. at Waukon Wellness Center
- Waverly – 1:00 p.m. at Wartburg College
- West Union – 10:30 a.m. at West Union Rec Center
The walks are FREE and people of all ages are encouraged to participate. Register by May 10 to guarantee a t-shirt! If there is inclement weather there will still be an activity scheduled at that date and time. To register visit https://tinyurl.com/AgingActiveAliveWalk or call Vicki Hyke at 319-874-6847 or Janet Buls at 319-231-1551.
If you would like to be a sponsor, contact Lisa Wetzel at 319-874-6879 or email email@example.com.
(Friday) 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Trout Run Park