Deli Arts & Letters
Deli Arts & Letters is a full-service deli and bakery located within The Landing Market in Decorah, Iowa. Offerings include handcrafted sandwiches and salads featuring scratch-made bread and local, artisan ingredients.
We are currently seeking an apprentice baker to help with bread production, deli prep and customer service, as needed. Interested applicants must be an independent worker with strong attention to detail and an eagerness to learn. Must also have a positive, can-do attitude and work well under pressure. Previous baking/cooking experience is preferred but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn and execute recipes with attention to detail.
- Follow all proper food handling, equipment and safety protocols.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making.
- Maintain good personal hygiene and adhere to all protocols that support a COVID-safe environment.
- Available early mornings and weekends.
- Ability to stand for 6+ hours.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Some experience with cooking/baking or a strong desire to learn the trade.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about local, artisan foods.
- Creative, positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Works well under pressure, intentionally and with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to do repetitive work with consistency.
- Reliable, efficient, detail-oriented and responsible.
- Clean, organized and thoughtful in their work.
- Good customer service skills, with a friendly and positive demeanor.
- Able to work independently and with a team in a small space.
- Able to start work immediately upon hire.
- Part-time, approximately 20-30 hours per week.
- $12/hour to commensurate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org