Facilities Crew and Order Fulfillment (Part-Time)
Website Seed Savers Exchange
Seed Savers Exchange is now hiring for a part-time Facilities Crew and Order Fulfillment position. This position will support Seed Savers Exchange with all facets of facilities upkeep, building maintenance, and repairs. In the winter, assists in seed packing and order shipping. Must be flexible to change tasks as priorities change and flexible through direct-level supervisor changes. This is a regular part-time position working 24 hours per week year-round.
Applications accepted through January 31, 2021.
Please email a cover letter, resumé, and the contact information for three references to [email protected] – include the name of the position in the subject line of your email. Applications may also be mailed to: Seed Savers Exchange | Attn: Alex Brandt | 3094 North Winn Rd. | Decorah, IA 52101.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide building maintenance including cleaning restrooms and maintaining janitorial supplies in assigned buildings.
- Assist with construction projects.
- Provide assistance for event set up and tear down.
- Assist with driveway maintenance as required.
- Assist with livestock care
- Perform preventative upkeep and repairs on equipment.
- Assist with trail mowing and upkeep as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Fill retail seed packets by hand and by automated machine
Seasonal Perishable Support
- Support Perishable Inventory Coordinator as needed – transporting, sorting, weighing, bagging, packing, and shipping of garlic.
- Prepare orders for shipment. This includes picking orders, validating items, and packing into appropriate containers.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Able to perform basic computer functions with training
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Ability to perform physical activity: lifting up to 100 lbs. assisted; carrying 50 lbs, bending frequently, climbing, pushing, pulling.
- Working outside during hot, cold or wet conditions as needed
- Garden/farm/outdoor work experience preferred
- Efficient, self-motivated person
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Applicant must be detail-oriented and able to work alone and as part of a team
- Applicants must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license
- Paid holidays
- Employee merchandise discount
- Participation in Employee Wellness Program
Seed Savers Exchange is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Seed Savers Exchange does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.seedsavers.org.