Network and Systems Administrator
Website Seed Savers Exchange
Seed Savers Exchange is now hiring for a Network and Systems Administrator. This position is responsible for keeping communication hardware and software systems operating, functional, and secure. It also participates as a member of the Technology team and serves as an organization lead for coordinating technical projects. This position has some flexibility to work remotely, although will require some regular on-site activities, as well as occasional weekend and evening work to support events and to maintain, update, and repair systems.
Applications accepted through September 18, 2020.
Please email a cover letter, resumé, and the contact information for three references to email@example.com – include the name of the position in the subject line of your email. Applications may also be mailed to: Seed Savers Exchange | Attn: Alex Brandt | 3094 North Winn Rd. | Decorah, IA 52101.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintains and administers computer networks and related computing environments in a Microsoft based environment, including Windows 10, Hyper-V, Windows server, Microsoft office, and Adobe products
- Active Directory environment, including users, groups, security and access
- Email and program network access as needed (Google Apps, VPN’s, VLANs, and other programs)
- Operates master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use
- Diagnoses hardware and software problems, and replaces defective components/systems
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations
Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Including updates, AV software, and application updates
- Performs routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintains control records
- Maintains printing environment (ordering supplies, contacting vendor support, replacing printers)
- Maintains and monitors PCI environment, including SAC renewal and quarterly attestations
- Researches and evaluates new technologies as requested
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Creates and administers Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to train organization in network and systems.
- Documents processes & procedures for existing and new business processes
- Provides regular training and ongoing system/technical support
- Works closely with ERP Systems Manager to prepare annual operating and capital budgets for technical operating systems, including hardware and software
- Research & evaluate new technology and software solutions
- Acts as the first point of contact for staff looking to solve routine technical problems
- Serves as point of contact for outside contract labor for projects related to network systems and software programs
- Setup and breakdown of all technical needs for Heritage
- Farm special events and staff training
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s Leadership Team by providing key perspectives on behalf of the Tech department to support mission fulfillment and strategic planning
- Assists in evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures
- Technology implementations, vetting requests, creating and implementing solutions with internal & external resources
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to quickly move between tasks/projects
- Functional, technical, implementation, and leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent computer, and record keeping skills
- Strong knowledge of database systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sitting at a computer screen for extended periods
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs regularly and 50 lbs occasionally
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working with users, and a demonstrated empathy for their needs with proven desire to make business processes better
- The ideal candidate will also have SQL experience, along with leadership qualities
- Employee/family health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee merchandise discounts
- Participation in employee wellness program
To apply for this job please visit www.seedsavers.org.