Seasonal Order Fulfillment
Website Seed Savers Exchange
Seed Savers Exchange has immediate openings for full-time seasonal order fulfillment positions. These positions will support Seed Savers Exchange with all aspects of seed packing and order fulfillment. Must be flexible to change tasks as priorities change. This is a full-time hourly seasonal position working 40 hours per week through May 31, 2021.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.
Please email a cover letter, resumé, and the contact information for three references to [email protected] – include the name of the position in the subject line of your email. Applications may also be mailed to: Seed Savers Exchange | Attn: Alex Brandt | 3094 North Winn Rd. | Decorah, IA 52101.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare orders for shipment. This includes picking orders, validating items, and packing into appropriate containers.
- Fill retail seed packets by hand and by automated machine
- Attention to detail in seed count, lot accuracy and legibility, adequacy of seals, etc. required without sacrificing efficiency, ability to troubleshoot
- Packing automation includes barcode lot validation, and operation of seed packing/printing software.
- Keep work area clean to minimize possibility of cross contamination
- Able to perform basic computer functions with training
- Accurate record-keeping and attention to detail
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work during hot, cold or wet conditions as needed
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for long periods
- Farming/agriculture interest and experience preferred
- Efficient, self-motivated person
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Paid holidays
- Employee merchandise discount
- Participation in Employee Wellness Program
Seed Savers Exchange is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Seed Savers Exchange does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.seedsavers.org.