Field Crew and Order Fulfillment (Part-Time)
Website Seed Savers Exchange
Seed Savers Exchange is hiring for a Part-Time Field Crew and Order Fulfillment position. This position will support Seed Savers Exchange with field preparation, seed production, field maintenance, and seed harvesting and processing. In the winter, this position assists in the Seed House with seed packing and order fulfillment of seed order. This is a regular part-time position working 24 hours per week year-round.
Starting wage: $14.00/hr
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Positions open until filled.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resumé, and the contact information for three references to [email protected] – include the name of the position in the subject line of your email. Applications may also be mailed to: Seed Savers Exchange | Attn: Lynne Rilling | 3094 North Winn Rd. | Decorah, IA 52101.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Field Production and Seed Processing
- Involved in field activities during growing season, including but not limited to: direct seeding, transplanting, mulching, hand weeding, mechanical tilling, trellising, fencing, and harvesting
- Support seed processing activities: Gain proficiency in all seed processing equipment and techniques including wet and dry processing, using both mechanical and manual methods
- Follow all organic certification protocols and keep planting, harvesting, and processing records
- Fill retail seed packets by hand and by automated machine
- Attention to detail in seed count, lot accuracy and legibility, adequacy of seals, etc., without sacrificing efficiency
- Packing automation includes barcode lot validation, and operation of seed packing/printing software.
- Keep work area clean to minimize possibility of cross contamination
- Support Seed House Coordinator as needed – transporting, sorting, weighing, bagging, packing, and shipping of garlic, transplants, potatoes, and apple trees
- Prepare orders for shipment. This includes picking orders, validating items, and packing into appropriate containers.
- Process shipments using integrated shipping software
Seed Savers Exchange is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Seed Savers Exchange does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.seedsavers.org.