Tree Crew Leader/Production Arborist
Website Stevenson Tree Care
We love trees!
Are you ready to take the next step as an arborist? Stevenson Tree Care has an opening for the right person to take on the responsibility of running a tree crew. Training the next generation of arborists is no small task. This role requires a balance of communication, experience, and passion for getting the job done well.
We have the equipment, crew, and customer base in place to set you up for success. Join our team if you have the drive and work ethic to grow your career in the arboriculture industry.
Who We Are
Stevenson Tree Care was born out of a passion for science-based, professional tree care solutions – centered around exceptional customer service. With two decades of experience in the tree care industry, Drew Stevenson has both the practical and theoretical knowledge to guide your career advancement.
At Stevenson Tree care we celebrate our differences and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.
- Lead and assist crew members while performing general tree work
- Climb trees and/or operate an aerial lift to prune, remove, or brace trees
- Assist in cleanup of debris such as raking, dragging brush and feeding a chipper
- Prepare, operate, and maintain all tools and equipment used for tree services
- Demonstrate and teach proper techniques and best practices
- Communicate effectively with Tree Care Manager, office, and crew
- Plant trees and shrubs, provide care instructions to customers
- Perform accurate and timely record-keeping
- Degree in Forestry, Horticulture, Biology, Arboriculture, or related discipline
- OR a minimum of two years climbing trees with a rope and saddle or operating a bucket truck performing general tree work
- Knowledge of, and ability to identify, local tree and shrub species
- Commitment to teaching and developing industry best practices
- Ability to regularly lift heavy objects up to 75 lbs
- Willingness to work outdoors in a range of weather conditions
- Ability to meet physical demands of outdoor tree work
- ISA Certified Arborist or the ability to obtain within 1 year
- Must be hard working, honest, and a team player
- Valid driver’s license
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
What We Offer
- Starting pay: $18-$22 (depending on qualifications)
- Full time: 40-45 hours/week
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Paid medical leave
- Minimal out of town work
- Reliable career path advancement
- Safe, professional work environment
- Opportunities for continuing education and industry certifications
Based in beautiful Decorah Iowa, Stevenson Tree Care has established itself as a regional leader in science-based tree care. Decorah is an attractive location for outdoor enthusiasts, with spring fed creeks for fishing, abundant public land for hunting, and the scenic Upper Iowa River.
Please send a resume or description of relevant work experience to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org