Website Winneshiek Medical Center
Winneshiek Medical Center is seeking a full-time Coding Specialist to join our Health Information Management (HIM) Team!
The Coding Specialist is responsible for applying diagnostic and procedural codes to patient visits for retrieval, analysis, and claims processing. Work Schedule is typically Monday – Friday, 8 hour shifts; Day shift.
Position requirements include:
- Completion of a Health Information Management program and AHIMA certification as a Registered Health Information
- Technician (RHIT) required or AHIMA certification as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Previous coding experience preferred
- Working knowledge of an electronic health care record and document imaging system desired
- Operational knowledge of general office equipment such as copy and fax machines
- Previous billing experience preferred
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Vision Discount
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Retirement Benefits: IPERS Pension, 403(b) options
- Generous PTO accrual
- Shift differentials
- Voluntary Benefits: Accident, Critical Illness, Lifetime Benefit Term, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Cafeteria Meals
- Tuition Assistance
How to Apply:
In order to complete the application process, you must submit a completed Employment Application which can be found online at http://www.winmedical.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/wmc_application.pdf.
Please submit resume and completed application via email, fax to 563-382-1962, or mail to: Winneshiek Medical Center Attn: Human Resources 901 Montgomery Street Decorah, IA 52101. Other open positions can be found at http://www.winmedical.org/careers-and-volunteering/open-positions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org