Patient Service Representative – Dedicated Scheduler
Website Winneshiek Medical Center
Winneshiek Medical Center is seeking a Patient Service Representative – Dedicated Scheduler to join our Scheduling Team! The Dedicated Scheduler is responsible for scheduling and coordinating of patient appointments, directing and answering customer inquiries by phone and in person, communicating with patients and families regarding financial responsibility, collecting payments, and coordinating verbal and written communication between patients, families, visitors and staff.
The Dedicated Scheduler position works closely with a team of providers, nurses, and clinic assistants to support a Team Based Care approach at Winneshiek Medical Center.
Position requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical terminology training or knowledge strongly preferred
- Previous healthcare experience preferred
- Medical office and/or Medical Assistant experience/education may be helpful
- Proficiency in keyboarding
- Microsoft Word/Excel required
- Strong interpersonal skills and written communication skills necessary
- Strong customer focus and service skills a must
- Must be flexible on short notice, and adaptive to changing environment with the ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to read, speak and write fluent English.
- Day shift
- Monday – Friday
- Rotating Saturday’s 7am-11am approx. 3-4 times per year.
- No Sundays or Holidays.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Vision Discount
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability & Long-term disability
- Retirement Benefits: IPERS Pension, 403(b) options
- Generous PTO accrual
- Shift differentials
- Voluntary Benefits: Accident, Critical Illness, Lifetime Benefit Term, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Cafeteria Meals
- Tuition Assistance
How to Apply:
In order to complete the application process, you must submit a completed Employment Application which can be found online at http://www.winmedical.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/wmc_application.pdf.
Please submit resume and completed application via email, fax to 563-382-1962, or mail to: Winneshiek Medical Center Attn: Human Resources 901 Montgomery Street Decorah, IA 52101. Other open positions can be found at http://www.winmedical.org/careers-and-volunteering/open-positions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org