Decorah Now Skills School Network
In Northeast Iowa there are many classes and workshops for learning a variety of skills:
- hands-on traditional skills like basketry, carving, cooking, and building
- the ways of woods, waters, gardens, and fields, and
- cultural skills such as music making, dancing, storytelling, arts, and crafts.
Decorah Now encourages you to participate in these classes, not only because they’re enjoyable, but also because by learning these skills in the company of others we can all cultivate resilience in our homes, towns, and region.
Included in the Skills School Network section of Decorah Now are some of the classes offered through Vesterheim Museum, Winneshiek County Conservation, Seed Savers Exchange, Decorah Public Library, Pepperfield Project, ArtHaus, Oneota Co-op, Luther College / Center for Sustainable Communities, Blue Heron Knittery, and More.
You may also like to visit the sites of other Skills and Folk Schools in the region:
- Eagle Bluff Skills School near Lanesboro, MN
- Driftless Folk School near Viroqua, WI
- Wild Lore Folk School in Mpls, MN
- North House Folk School in Grand Marias, MN
Event or Class