Book Shop Staff
Website Luther College
Performs various duties in the day to day operation of the bookstore. This includes assisting in the textbook department, cash register operation, all aspects of customer service and wherever attention needs to be focused at a particular time of year. Also, counting and balancing the Mail Center and Book Shop cash drawers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 20% – Assist in all other bookstore areas when needed; receiving and checking in merchandise, creating POs, and invoicing. Manage monthly music CD sales, work with emblematic merchandise, class ring correspondence and invoicing, and diploma frame special ordering.
- 20% – Counting and balancing cash drawers (Book Shop and Mail Center), preparing daily deposits and reports.
- 25% – Assist the textbook department
- researching/ordering used textbooks from secondary markets
- creating purchase orders, receiving, invoicing and email communications with used book vendors
- checking in/coordinating the receiving and shelving of textbooks
- online selling of used textbooks (entering the books, managing the online inventory compared to our stock on hand, processing the orders, tracking the payments)
- 35% – Cash register duties; operating the cash register or being the back-up/go-to staff member when student workers are on cash register duty. Running closing cash register reports, close credit card process and deposit money and receipts in nightly deposit box.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Education: High School graduation
- Experience: Prior retail experience is preferred
- Exceptional customer service and strong computer skills.
- Possess ability to prioritize and work effectively within tight deadlines while being flexible towards interruptions.
- Ability to adjust quickly and smoothly to change.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Build effective work relationships and collaborates productively with peers and student employees. Openly communicate, share ideas, and provide timely feedback.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Extremely organized
- Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and friends of the college
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and move oversized boxes; at times standing for an extended amount of time. On average, working one Saturday a month. In addition, working one Saturday or Sunday during fall and spring textbook rush, Family, Homecoming, and Christmas at Luther weekends.
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.