Director of Enterprise Applications
Website Luther College
The Director of Enterprise Applications works to coordinate information systems, application development, and system integration at Luther College. This includes software research, evaluation, contract review, and procurement for solutions that support implementing a vision for Information Technology Services of Luther College.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
All members of the Enterprise Applications team, including the Director of Enterprise Applications, carry shared responsibility for defining and delivering user-focused Information Technology Services to the faculty, students, and staff of Luther College. Specific responsibilities of all Enterprise Applications team members include:
● Creation and care of a collaborative and cross-trained work environment within Enterprise Applications and ITS.
● Demonstration of active and developing general knowledge regarding user-focused technologies for higher education.
● Participation in strategic and tactical planning affecting all information delivery systems support.
● Participation and leadership in ITS and development of documentation.
● Participation in developing quality and meaningful opportunities for student employment.
Specific responsibilities of the Director of Enterprise Applications include:
● Serve as a member of the senior management team of Information Technology Services.
● Lead the Enterprise Applications team within Information Technology Services and provide a positive working environment.
● Collaborate with the Executive Director of ITS, the Information Security Analyst, and the Network and Systems team to ensure security of the college’s data, systems, and services.
● Holds key positions related to the College’s data governance and IT governance efforts.
● Partner with campus stakeholders to assess, prioritize, and manage stakeholder needs regarding the ERP (Colleague) and other applications to ensure system investments meet business requirements.
● Manage, negotiate and coordinate all enterprise related contracts, agreements, and statements of work.
● Develop and maintain a broad vision for process improvement, workflow efficiencies, data analytics to inform decisions, user instruction and support.
● Establish, coordinate and evaluate operational processes, procedures and technical standards, for relevance to the organization’s mission and objectives.
● Manage and plan all budget related processes for enterprise applications.
● Coordinate with the Enterprise Applications team to set departmental goals, timelines, and priorities of work.
● Vision and assist in coordinating instruction and training programs supporting academic and administrative information use.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Programmer Analyst and Database Administrator
● Programmer Analyst
● Senior Business Analyst
● Business Analyst
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
● Bachelor’s degree required, with preference for IT related field.
● Experience in a higher educational setting is strongly preferred.
● Technical capacity in software, network, and/or systems infrastructure.
● Demonstrated expert knowledge of enterprise software such as Ellucian/Colleague and/or Slate including knowledge of the underlying data structures and the application software.
● Experience or skill in leadership, team-building, and collaborative work.
● Demonstrated capability of negotiating enterprise licensing and support agreements.
● Excellent project management and data analysis skills.
● Organizational, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and with a project team.
● A curiosity and capacity to learn, and a desire to innovate.
● Comfort with and enthusiasm for working in a rapidly changing environment.
● Commitment to collaboration including engagement with the wider information technology community.
● Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and friends of the college.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
● Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results from a background check and verification of professional credentials.
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.