Website Luther College
The Director works collaboratively with library personnel to fulfill the college’s mission through the provision of library resources and services; facilitates the Library’s long-term and strategic planning processes; fosters cooperative relationships with external stakeholders and agencies to enhance resources and services available; develops and administers the library’s budget and resources; and oversees the development and performance of library faculty and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Encourages library participation in student learning and curricular development,
- Encourages partnership between librarians and faculty in teaching and scholarship. “
- Fosters a strong working relationship with the ITS department.
- Fosters collaborations and connections between the library and other offices with intersecting goals in support of the curriculum.
Departmental planning and development
- Helps the department plan for future work.
- Guides and encourages continuing library development.
- Provide wise leadership in the recruitment of new librarians and staff.
- Administers the library’s budget.
- Sets clear expectations.
- Assesses faculty/staff fairly and professionally.
- Distributes recognition, rewards, and responsibilities fairly.
- Recognizes special needs and special gifts of individuals and encourages good use of them.
- Acts with a collegial and respectful style.
- Seeks consensus in the decision-making process.
- Offers an open administrative approach.
- Explains the basis for decisions.
- Models commitment to the college as a whole.
The Library Director, along with the librarians and College Archivist, shares responsibility for defining and delivering research-based services, including collection development, library instruction, and research assistance, to the faculty, students, and staff of Luther College.
- Librarians and College Archivist
- Public Services staff
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program
- Experience in library administration or a related field, with demonstrated success in managing staff and resources
- Strong knowledge of library operations and procedures, including collection development, cataloging, reference, and circulation services
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with current library technologies and their applications in library services and operations
- Affinity for the instructional goals and student experience found in a residential liberal arts college.
- Experience working with library materials for instruction and outreach.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in library services and operations.
- Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and friends of the college
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results from a background check and verification of professional credentials.
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.